Arpy received his Bachelor of Law Degree, cum laude, from Boston University
School of Law in 1968. From 1978 through 1996, Arpy was a Professor of
Law at the Franklin Pierce Law Center where he taught in the areas of
constitutional law, federal practice, remedies and mental health law.
Arpy was with the firm from 1991 until his retirement in June 2010 from
the active practice of law.
- Member of the Bar – Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Member of the Bar – New Hampshire
- Member of the Bar – District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire
- Unites States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2003 – 2010
- Best of the U.S., 2006 – 2010
- Recognized as one of New England’s Super Lawyers by Super Lawyers Magazine
- Arpy has also been awarded the prestigious E. Donald Dufresne Award for
Outstanding Professionalism amongst his peers by the New Hampshire Bar
- Arpy served twelve years on the Hopkinton School Board.
- Arpy has served for over thirty years on the Board of Directors for the
New Hampshire Office of Public Guardian.
- H.S., Williamstown, MA High School, 1961
- B.A., St. Lawrence University, 1965
- J.D., Boston University School of Law, cum laude, 1968
- Judge Advocate’s General Corp., U.S. Army, 1969 – 1972
- National Prison Project, ACLU, Washington, D.C., 1972 – 1976
- Chief of Litigation, New Hampshire Legal Assistance, 1976 – 1978
- Professor of Law, Franklin Pierce Law Center, Concord, NH, 1978- 1997
- Shareholder/Director, Shaheen & Gordon, P.A., 1997 – 2010