Michael is the President and Managing Director of Shaheen and Gordon, P.A.
He concentrates his practice on representing seriously injured victims
Michael received his undergraduate degree from the University of Massachusetts
at Amherst in 1987 and in 1990 graduated from the Boston University School
of Law, where he was honored as a Paul J. Liacos scholar. Michael began
his litigation practice with the firm in 1990 and rapidly developed a
significant trial practice representing a diverse group of clients throughout
Northern New England before State and Federal courts in varied civil matters
including personal injury casessuch as auto accident, premises liability,
products liability, wrongful death and other personal injury matters as
well as divorce matters and commercial disputes.
Michael’s practice is now concentrated on representation of victims
and their families in serious personal injury and wrongful death cases
of all types. Michael’s aggressive and experienced representation
has resulted in significant compensation in large cases as well as smaller
cases including several cases where recovery has been in excess of one
million dollars. In recent years, Michael has successfully represented
numerous injury victims in a wide variety of serious injury and death
cases, including car / truck / motorcycle collisions, premises liability
cases, products liability cases, cases involving pharmaceutical and medical
device injury and others. Michael and the rest of the injury litigation
team are also currently representing consumers injured by prescription
and over-the-counter medications and medical devices.
- Lachance v. United States Smokeless Tobacco Co., 2007 NHSC 2006-654-082407.
- Smith v. Padolko, 2008 ME 56.
- Thompson v. Rothman, 2002 ME 39.
Honors & Awards
Selected by peers for inclusion in
The Best Lawyers in America since 2008.
- Featured in New England Super Lawyers since 2010.
- 1990, New Hampshire and U.S. District Court, District of New Hampshire
- 1991, Maine, Massachusetts, United States Claims Court and United States
District Court, District of Massachusetts
- 1992 United States District Court, District of Maine
- 1999 United States Supreme Court
- 2004 Vermont State Bar
- 2005 United States District Court, District of Vermont
Professional Associations & Memberships
- New Hampshire and Maine State Bar Associations
- New Hampshire Association for Justice
- Maine Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Public Justice
- North American Brain Injury Society
- New Hampshire Association for Justice, AAJ Delegate
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Maine Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Vermont Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- The Motorcycle Injury Trial Lawyers Association
- B.A. University of Massachusetts at Amherst, 1987
- J.D. Boston University School of Law, 1990
- Associate Attorney, Shaheen & Gordon, P.A. 1990-1997
- Shareholder/Director, Shaheen & Gordon, P.A. 1997-present
- President/Managing Director, Shaheen & Gordon, P.A., 2007-present