New Hampshire Employment Law Attorney
Working with Shaheen & Gordon, P.A.
Employment laws and regulations are constantly changing. Noncompliance with these laws and regulations carries the risk of costly litigation and administrative penalties. Whether your company is seeking to update personnel policies, or is facing a government audit or Fair Labor Standards Act claim, you will need guidance and meaningful answers to often complex questions. We assist employers in eliminating problems before they occur, and defending them with tenacity and sound business judgment if litigation is necessary. In light of our blended institutional and individual client base, Shaheen & Gordon is uniquely situated to properly evaluate employment related claims for businesses and individuals.
Shaheen & Gordon provides advice and representation to businesses in the following areas:
- Conducting seminars and workshops for supervisors and human resource personnel in areas such as sexual and unlawful harassment, diversity and transgender issues, workplace violence, discipline procedures, lawful hiring, and basics of employment law (including discrimination, leaves of absence, and other workplace issues)
- Handling internal investigations of harassment complaints or other employee misconduct, and providing an objective evaluation of the particular employment issue in the workplace, including recommendations for corrective action or termination
- Defending workplace harassment and discrimination cases, and tort and contract claims such as wrongful discharge (including breach of employee handbook provisions), breach of fiduciary duty, promissory estoppel, breach of covenants not to compete, and breach of golden parachute plans
- Assisting with terminations to minimize the risks of employment-related litigation and helping employers properly prepare for and respond to government audits and investigations, providing representation throughout the process
Shaheen & Gordon also provides outstanding representation in the following areas:
Fair Labor Standards Act
You have the right to fair and equal employment. If you feel that your rights are being violated, you need to speak with an attorney.
Are you being discriminated against? You are protected from all forms of discrimination, including race, religion and sexual orientation.
If you are being harassed it is vitally important that you protect your rights. Contact an attorney from Shaheen & Gordon, P.A. immediately.
Were you wrongfully terminated? You have rights and an attorney from our team can help you protect them.
Trade Secrets and Unfair Competition
Are you looking to protect your trade secrets from unfair competition? We can help! Contact Shaheen & Gordon, P.A. today.
The lawyers at Shaheen & Gordon represent both employees and employers in workplace disputes including claims of discrimination, harassment, unpaid wages, overtime disputes, medical leave issues, retaliation, whistleblower, and unfair competition. Our caseload typically includes matters in the following areas:
- Discrimination, including race / national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation
- Workplace harassment
- Wrongful termination
- Wage and overtime claims
- Partnership disputes
- Trade secrets and unfair competition
- Business and commercial litigation
If you need legal assistance, whether you are a business or an individual, contact our experienced legal team. We can help.