Backed with over a decade of experience, Kara J. Dowal is a corporate and
healthcare attorney who represents clients in the healthcare industry
with a wide range of transactional and regulatory compliance matters.
Attorney Dowal has particular experience assisting providers and their
business associates in the following areas:
- Corporate governance issues, in both the for-profit and non-profit sectors
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Entity formations, conversions, and dissolutions
- Complex contract negotiations
- Regulatory compliance issues, including HIPAA, Stark Law, and Anti-Kickback Statute
- Provider Employment Agreements
Attorney Dowal received her J.D. from Vermont Law School, where she served
as Managing Editor of the Vermont Law Review and graduated cum laude in
2006, and her B.A. from Boston College.
Before joining the firm, she served as an Adjunct Professor at the University
of New Hampshire School of Law, where she taught Mergers and Acquisitions.