Lucy commenced her legal career in Chicago where her practice focused on
complex business litigation and securities fraud. She continued this focus
after moving back to New Hampshire in 1987.
Extensive Experience Representing Various Legal Matters
A shareholder at Shaheen & Gordon, Lucy represents corporations and
individuals in various legal matters, including securities fraud, abuse
matters, health care, general corporate arenas, regulatory, criminal,
and internal investigations, and compliance reviews.
Health Care Practice
Lucy counsels health care clients on compliance with federal and state
regulations and billing and coding practices. She represents hospitals,
medical staffs and physicians in internal investigations, disputes regarding
privileges, and recruiting and employment contract issues.
- Lucy’s securities practice includes the representation of both individuals
and corporations in civil and criminal litigation and investigations and
regulatory matters before the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
and the New Hampshire Bureau of Securities Regulation.
- She was appointed receiver of a failed brokerage firm by the U.S. District
Court for the District of New Hampshire upon the recommendation of the
U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission.
- She served as a member of the New Hampshire Bureau of Securities Regulation
task force charged with drafting revisions to the state securities laws
for review and adoption by the state legislature. Lucy has served as an
arbitrator in securities, complex business, and employment disputes for
over twenty years.
- Member of the Bar-New Hampshire, 1988
- Member of the Bar-Illinois, 1982
- United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire, 1988
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 1982
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, 2000
- United States Supreme Court, 1988
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- American Bar Association: Business Law, Health Law, Dispute Resolution Sections
- New Hampshire Women’s Policy Institute-Volunteer, 2007
- New Hampshire Bureau of Securities Regulation Task Force, 2003-2005
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Board of Directors, 2000-2006
- Planned Parenthood of Northern New England, Board of Directors, 1992-1999,
- Health Options, Board of Directors, 1988-1992
- Families in Transition, Board of Directors, 2009-2012
- Red River Theatres, Board of Directors, 2009-present
- Focus on Tanzanian Communities, 2010-present
- B.A. Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH, 1977
- J.D., Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, MO, 1982
- Karon, Morrison & Savikas, Chicago, IL, 1982-1983
- Sachnoff, Weaver & Rubenstein, Chicago, IL, 1983-1987
- Hinkley & Hahn/Hahn & Associates, Manchester, NH, 1988-1993
- Shaheen & Gordon, Concord, NH, 1997-present