A native of Laconia, Tim is a civil litigation attorney with a wide range
of trial and appellate experience in the federal and state court systems
as well as in arbitration and various regulatory agencies. Tim also has
significant experience in cases involving potential criminal issues and
frequently works with Shaheen & Gordon’s Criminal Defense group
to resolve them. Prior to returning to his New Hampshire roots, Tim was
an attorney in the Boston offices of Holland & Knight and Dewey &
LeBoeuf. The relationships he formed during that time have contributed
to Tim being sought out as an advisor to clients and out-of-state attorneys
on local issues.
Tim earned his B.A. in Russian language from The College of the Holy Cross
in 2000. From 2000 to 2006, Tim served in the United States Marine Corps,
including in Iraq as an M1A1 Tank Platoon Commander and at The Basic School
in Quantico, Virginia as a warfighting instructor and staff platoon commander.
Tim later worked in Sarajevo as a prosecution intern at the Court of Bosnia
and Herzegovina in its war crimes section. He graduated from Boston College
Law School in 2009.
Tim is active in his community and serves as a board member for the Concord
Coalition to End Homelessness. He is also a former president of Veterans
Legal Services, which is a charitable organization that provides free
legal services to homeless and low-income veterans. In 2013, the Greater
Boston Chamber of Commerce recognized Tim as one of its Ten Outstanding
Young Leaders, and Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly recognized him for Excellence
in Pro Bono. In recent years, Tim has been recognized by Super Lawyers
as a Rising Star. And if you ask him, he will proudly tell you that in
1995, he was the captain of Laconia High School’s championship Granite
State Challenge Team.
- New Hampshire State Bar
- Massachusetts State Bar
- United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
Education and Career
- Laconia High School, 1996
- The College of the Holy Cross, 2000
- Boston College Law School, 2009
- Attorney, Dewey & LeBoeuf, 2009-2012
- Attorney, Holland & Knight, 2012-2015
- Shareholder/Director, Shaheen & Gordon, 2015-Present
Professional and Community Involvement
- Concord Coalition to End Homelessness – Board Member (2018-Present)
- Veterans Legal Services – Board Member & Former President (2011-2017)
Recognition and Awards
- Ten Outstanding Youth Leaders, Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce, 2013
- Excellence in Pro Bono, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2017-2019
- In 2011, Tim was second chair in a thirty-day arbitration in Ottawa, Ontario
concerning the construction of a foreign embassy.
- In 2013, Tim was part of a litigation team that successfully defended a
Telephone Consumer Protection Act putative class action in the Central
District of Florida and Eleventh Circuit.
- In 2014, Tim and co-counsel prevailed in a bench trial concerning a probate
dispute in Rockingham County, New Hampshire.
- In 2015, Tim tried a landlord tenant dispute to a Hillsborough County jury.
- In 2016, Tim was part of a litigation team that prevailed on summary judgment
in Merrimack County Superior Court and on appeal to the New Hampshire
Supreme Court concerning a complex commercial and regulatory dispute.
- In 2016, Tim prevailed in a land use and easement dispute in a case tried
to a Hillsborough County judge.
- In 2017, Tim and Steve Gordon tried a defamation case to a Merrimack County
jury, which returned a $274,500,000 damages award for their clients.
- In 2018, Tim served as local counsel in a complex commercial dispute that
was tried to both a Cheshire County jury and judge.