Municipal Law Attorneys in Maine
Maine Lawyers Serving Northern New England & New Hampshire
Shaheen & Gordon, P.A. maintains an active municipal law practice focused
on the unique needs of clients facing a range of actions involving regulatory,
land use, litigation, and other issues. Our wide breadth of experience in municipal
law enables our team to represent municipalities, government agencies,
businesses, and landowners, and pursue positive resolutions in the most
efficient and cost-effective manner possible.
As Northern New England’s premier law firm, our legal team has accumulated
extensive insight into municipal legal issues faced by local communities,
counties, and state agencies across the region, as well as issues and
grievances voiced by residents, businesses, and other non-municipal entities.
We understand the significance of helping clients navigate this diverse
and ever-expanding area of law, the need for competent counsel backed
by extensive legal knowledge, and the importance of aligning our strategies
to clients’ unique needs and objectives.
Discuss a municipal law issue personally with a member of our legal team
by contacting us.
Our Municipal Law Services
With decades of combined experience and a proven record of success handling
municipal law cases, Shaheen & Gordon, P.A. is able to provide comprehensive
counsel and representation in a range of matters involving city operations
and services, administration, and regulation. Common issues we handle,
on behalf of cities, public agencies, and residents include:
- Land use, zoning, and planned development
- Public agency employment law and collective bargaining
- Discrimination and grievance actions brought by residents against municipalities
- Regulatory and mandate compliance
- Bylaws and ordinances
- Housing authorities, successor agencies, and joint power authorities
- Tax and finances
- Wetlands protection, historic preservation, or road access
- Charters and internal organizations
- Political elections and redistricting
- Public policy and integrity, including civil rights
With a legal team that provides representation in matters involving employment
law, business law, health care, real estate, tax and finance, and political
matters, our firm has the resources to tailor counsel and representation
in accordance to the unique needs of cities, public authorities, and residents.
Our focus on customized legal solutions and client satisfaction has produced
success in many municipal law ventures.
Proven Experience, Proven Success
Our record of success in handling municipal legal matters is indicative
of our active involvement in this area of law, as well as our far-reaching
insight and commitment to the clients we serve. Our experience includes:
- Special counsel for Zoning Board of Appeals in matters involving land use,
federal preemption, and Wetlands Overlay Districts.
- Representation of residents, business owners, and landowners over planning
and zoning board decisions, wetlands use restrictions, and local ordinances.
- Collective bargaining negotiations with school boards and other public entities.
- Litigation in New Hampshire Supreme Court over the Americans with Disabilities
Act on behalf of a small New England town.
- Tax assessment abatement on behalf of clients that were unlawfully and
- Facilitation of health care facilities involving municipalities and developers.
Speak with a Maine Municipal Law Attorney
Our focus in any municipal matter is to assist clients in deftly navigating
dense legal complexities, government directives, and public relations
with the experience and finesse that promotes superior service and desired
solutions. If you have a municipal matter you wish to discuss, our legal
team is readily available to review your case and explain how we can be
of assistance. Shaheen & Gordon, P.A. proudly serves communities throughout
Maine, New Hampshire, and Northern New England from multiple office locations.
Contact us to request a consultation.