Thomas is an associate in the Criminal Law Practice Group. He specializes in defending clients who have been charged with serious felonies and misdemeanors, from arraignment to sentencing. Thomas is experienced in criminal law, both in negotiating plea resolutions for his clients where one can be reached and in litigating charges in court when negotiations fail. He recognizes that facing a criminal charge is an extremely difficult experience in a person’s life and passionately advocates for his clients to get the best outcomes possible.
Thomas’ experience in criminal law comes from his prior work as a prosecutor. Before joining Shaheen & Gordon, Thomas was an assistant county attorney at the Carroll County Attorney’s Office. Thomas prosecuted numerous felony and misdemeanor cases, ranging from charges of negligent homicide and aggravated felonious sexual assault to controlled drug sales and felony reckless conduct. Thomas prosecuted a number of trials, in front of both judges and juries, and his experience as a prosecutor has given him invaluable insight into the functioning of the State that he now uses for the benefit of his clients.
Thomas also works in various areas of civil law and litigation, including business and corporate law, securities law, and family law, and eagerly assists his colleagues with cases in these practice areas. His years of experience in court as a prosecutor translate well to the oral advocacy and litigation required to achieve the best outcomes for his civil law clients.
As a law student, Thomas was a Daniel Webster Scholar at the University of New Hampshire Franklin Pierce School of Law. In his spare time, he volunteered as an advocate for victims of domestic violence and as a mentor in the school’s Teen Court, which served as a diversionary program for young teenagers and children charged with minor crimes to keep them out of the criminal justice system.
Thomas lives in the Lakes Region with his family and two dogs.
Education and Career
- B.A., University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada, 2016
- J.D., University of New Hampshire Franklin Pierce School of Law, Concord, NH, 2019
- Daniel Webster Scholar
- Domestic & Sexual Violence Prevention Project, Secretary, 2016–2019
- Phi Alpha Delta National Mock Trial (Washington, D.C.), Student Attorney, Feb. 2018
- Carroll County Attorney’s Office, Assistant County Attorney, 2019–2021
- Associate Attorney, Shaheen & Gordon, 2021–present
Professional and Community Involvement
- Crisis Center of Central New Hampshire, Volunteer Advocate, 2016–2018
- Teen Court, Mentor, 2016–2019
- Phi Alpha Delta, 2016–2019
Recognition and Honors
- Daniel Webster Scholars Program, Graduate, 2019