Shaheen & Gordon, P.A., Attorneys at Law, is seeking a full-time Legal Assistant in their Manchester, NH office responsible for supporting attorneys that practice immigration law.
Contributions and Responsibilities
- Field phone calls in English and Spanish, in addition to other languages
- Conduct basic prospective client intake
- Open and close files
- Manage attorneys’ calendars
- Monitor filing deadlines
- Maintain clients’ files
- Obtain documents, domestically and internationally
- Draft forms
- Summarize cases
- Translate oral and written communications
- Communicate with clients, agencies, courts, other parties
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English
- Must have excellent communication skills via email, phone, and in person
- Must be highly-organized
- Must pay close attention to detail, have the ability to multi-task, thrive in a fast-paced work environment, and possess strong proofreading skills
- Competency in Microsoft applications including, Word, NetDocuments, Centerbase, Outlook, Excel, Adobe, scanning and maintaining electronic files
- Accurate filing and copying
Shaheen & Gordon is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, evaluation, transfer, promotion, discipline, compensation, termination, and layoff.
Applicants must possess a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 1 – 3 years of legal assistant or comparable office experience. The ability to work independently, under time pressure and prioritize multiple tasks is required. We look forward to welcoming someone who takes pride in their work, is enthusiastic and who will thrive in a fast-paced environment. Experience in immigration law is strongly preferred.
Shaheen & Gordon presents a pleasant, supportive, challenging, non-smoking work environment. Salary commensurate with experience, with excellent benefits including a 401K plan. Please email your cover letter, resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.