Shaheen & Gordon is seeking a full-time Intake Specialist to join our team. We are seeking a passionate and energetic person who would enthusiastically connect with people on the phone, show a strong interest in the company they work for, as well as have outstanding customer service skills. The intake specialist is often the first point of contact with our firm, so candidates must be understanding and compassionate.
We are looking for a results driven, rising superstar to join our fast moving team of Intake Specialists. The ideal candidate must thrive on people, relationships, and helping others in need of legal services.
When our prospective clients call us for help, they're often going through an emotionally difficult period. Our Intake Specialists provide our potential clients the ultimate experience. It requires the right combination of communication skills, empathy, and ability to ask and clarify the situation.
Required Soft Skills
- Honesty is critical and good ethical character is essential
- Love connecting with people
- Passionate about helping others
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Treats a 4:30 call on Friday with the same care and compassion as one on Monday morning
- Exceptional curiosity
- Ownership mindset
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to live calls and emails from potential new clients and call back potential new clients.
- Conduct phone and occasional in-person interviews of the potential new client to learn about their situation and provide information about the firm.
- Communicate with attorneys about potential new clients and outside referrals
- Record information received from potential clients
- Experience in a legal setting preferred, but not required. We are willing to train the right candidate.
- Excellent Communication Skills – written and verbal, with previous telephone customer service experience a plus.
- Prior data entry experience helpful.
- Basic skills and experience with Outlook, Word, Excel and a willingness to learn
- Excellent attention to detail, including spelling
- Highly organized and able to work independently and assure client confidentiality
Shaheen & Gordon is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, evaluation, transfer, promotion, discipline, compensation, termination, and layoff.
Shaheen & Gordon presents a pleasant, supportive, challenging, non-smoking work environment. Salary commensurate with experience, with excellent benefits including a 401K plan.
Please email your cover letter and resume.