Shaheen & Gordon, P.A., Attorneys at Law is seeking an energetic and detail-oriented full-time Legal Assistant to work with the Estate Planning/Probate Litigation group in the Nashua, NH office. To be successful in this role the candidate must demonstrate the ability to work as a member of a team, prioritize tasks, have experience in estate planning/probate law, and be able to work independently.
- Initiate contact with potential clients
- Open electronic and paper files
- Perform conflict checks
- Draft engagement letters
- Prepare correspondence
- Maintain detailed Excel spreadsheets
- Manage attorney’s calendar
- Prepare documents needed for client appointments
- Draft estate planning documents (powers of attorney, health care directives, simple Wills, etc.)
- Draft basic probate pleadings
- Prepare and organize executed estate planning documents
- Schedule appointments/calendar court dates
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, including scanning, saving, and sending to client
- File internal documents
- E-file court pleadings and deeds
- Close cases
- Provide general secretarial support to attorney and paralegal
- Attend to other administrative tasks as assigned
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word/Outlook, Excel, scanning and maintaining electronic files
- Familiarity with or ability to learn billing/timekeeping and case management software (NetDocuments and Centerbase)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Professional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Professional and friendly attitude
- Willingness to accept and incorporate constructive feedback
- Ability to self-direct and work as a team
- At least 2 years of estate planning experience is preferred, or willingness to learn
- At least 2 years of legal secretarial experience
Shaheen & Gordon is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, evaluation, transfer, promotion, discipline, compensation, termination, and layoff.
Shaheen & Gordon presents a pleasant and supportive work environment. Salary commensurate with experience, with excellent benefits including health insurance, flexible spending account, and 401(k) plan employer match. Please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls or agencies please. EOE.