Legal Assistants – Personal Injury and Workers’ Compensation
Shaheen & Gordon, P.A., Attorneys at Law, are looking for energetic and detail oriented Legal Assistants to join our group of professionals who will be responsible for supporting trial attorneys with workers compensation and personal injury cases in State and Federal Courts in their Dover, NH office. The ideal candidates will have at least 3-5 years’ experience. To be successful in this role candidates must demonstrate the ability to work as a member of a team, in addition to working independently.
Responsibilities to include, but are not limited to:
- Experience with contacting claims adjusters
- Experience with requesting, reviewing and organization of medical records
- Preparing medical evidence for trial
- Scheduling Permanent Impairment Evaluations
- Management of Personal Injury Files
- Preparation of general correspondence, motions and objections
- Have solid knowledge of Court Rules and all discovery deadlines
- Assist with discovery and document management
- Serve and file legal papers in the correct court and familiarity with electronic filing systems in both State and Federal Court
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Adobe, Centerbase, NetDocuments, scanning and maintaining electronic files
- Must have excellent communication skills via email, phone, and with clients, court staff and opposing counsel
- Must be highly organized with an ability to prepare case files for attorneys to use at court hearings
- Must have excellent secretarial skills, the ability to multi-task and under pressure, and able to prioritize is required. Attention to detail and proofreading skills are a must have
Shaheen & Gordon is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, evaluation, transfer, promotion, discipline, compensation, termination, and layoff.
Shaheen & Gordon presents a pleasant, supportive, challenging, non-smoking work environment. Salary commensurate with experience, with excellent benefits including health insurance, flexible spending account, and 401(k) plan employer match. Please email your cover letter, resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or agencies please.