Shaheen & Gordon, P.A. has an opening for a full-time Legal Assistant/Paralegal in its Concord, NH office. This role supports one to two litigation attorneys with busy, client-focused practices, primarily focusing on Family and Probate law.. The ideal candidate is a professional with a desire to further their career in the legal field. The responsibilities assigned to this role include:
- Management of litigation files (calendaring hearings, tracking deadlines, maintaining electronic file)
- Finalization and submission of pleadings (compiling exhibits, formatting documents, effectuating service)
- Client communication and coordination (scheduling appointments, communicating regarding upcoming events, responding to client requests, interviewing potential new clients)
- Routine administrative tasks (drafting and finalizing correspondence, assisting in the revision and transmission of invoices, opening and processing mail)
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience supporting litigation attorneys in a law firm or similar environment. Family and/or probate experience is preferable, but not required
- Preference given to candidates with a working knowledge of the rules of procedure for the New Hampshire Judicial System
- Prior experience with the management and tracking of deadlines
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to multi-task
- Proficiency with technology and an ability to adapt easily to new programs/applications
- Great interpersonal skills and a desire to connect with clients and co-workers on a daily basis via telephone or in person
- An ability to work independently and without oversight for the completion of routine responsibilities
Shaheen & Gordon is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, evaluation, transfer, promotion, discipline, compensation, termination, and layoff.
Shaheen & Gordon presents a pleasant, supportive, challenging, non-smoking work environment. Salary commensurate with experience, with excellent benefits including health insurance, flexible spending account, and 401(k) plan employer match. Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or agencies please. EOE.