Shaheen & Gordon, P.A., Attorneys at Law, is seeking a full-time Marital Paralegal with 5 to 10 years’ experience to work in the firm’s Family Law Department in their Dover, NH office. Must have NH experience, specifically in Family Law. To be successful in this role the candidate must demonstrate the ability to work as a member of a team, in addition to working independently.
- Management of Marital Files
- Drafts legal documents including routine correspondence, pleadings and motions, affidavits, interrogatories, request for production of documents, mandatory disclosures and the like
- Prepares and organizes discovery, exhibits, and depositions
- Assists attorneys with trial preparation
- Daily communications with clients and opposing counsel via phone and email
- Have solid knowledge of Court Rules and all discovery deadlines
- Performs other clerical duties such as scheduling appointments, providing information to callers, reading and routing incoming mail
- Accurate filing and copying
- Conflict checks
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent understanding of legal language, court pleadings and processes
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and be able to multi-task
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a high-paced and at times stressful environment, as well as the ability to work independently
- Maintain confidentiality
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word/Outlook, Excel with the ability to adapt to new software programs, specifically NetDocuments and Centerbase
We look forward to welcoming someone who takes pride in their work, is enthusiastic and flexible and who will thrive in a fast-paced environment. Experience is required.
Shaheen & Gordon is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, evaluation, transfer, promotion, discipline, compensation, termination, and layoff.
Shaheen & Gordon presents a pleasant, supportive, challenging, non-smoking work environment. Salary commensurate with experience, with excellent benefits including health insurance, flexible spending account, and 401(k) plan employer match. Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or agencies please.