Shaheen & Gordon, P.A., Attorneys at Law, is seeking a Paralegal with strong personal injury and medical malpractice experience in State Court in their Manchester, NH office. The ideal candidate will have at least three (3) to five (5) years’ experience. To be successful in this role the candidate must demonstrate the ability to work as a member of a team, in addition to working independently. As to the Responsibilities below, some on-the-job training will be provided.
Responsibilities to include, but are not limited to:
- Must have strong computer skills (programs used by the office: Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Adobe, Centerbase, NetDocuments), scanning and maintaining electronic files
- Must have excellent communication skills via email, phone, and with clients, court staff and opposing counsel
- Must be highly organized with an ability to prepare case files for attorney to use at court hearings
- Experience with contacting claims adjusters
- Experience with requesting, reviewing and organization of medical records and bills
- Preparing medical evidence for trial
- Management of Personal Injury Files
- Management of Medical Malpractice Files
- Preparation of general correspondence, motions and objections
- Preparation of Demand letters
- Assist with discovery and document management
- Serve and file legal papers in the correct court and familiarity with electronic filing systems
We look forward to welcoming someone who takes pride in his / her work, who is enthusiastic and flexible, and who will thrive in a fast-paced environment. Experience is required.
Shaheen & Gordon is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, evaluation, transfer, promotion, discipline, compensation, termination, and layoff.
Shaheen & Gordon presents a pleasant, supportive, challenging, non-smoking work environment. Salary commensurate with experience, with excellent benefits including health insurance, flexible spending account, and 401(k) plan employer match. Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or agencies please.