Shaheen & Gordon, P.A., Attorneys at Law, is seeking a Personal Injury Legal Assistant responsible for supporting trial attorneys in State and Federal Court in their Dover, NH office. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 to 5 years’ experience. To be successful in this role the candidate must demonstrate the ability to work as a member of a team, in addition to working independently.
- Management of Personal Injury Files
- Preparation of general correspondence
- Preparation of Motions and Objections
- Requesting Medical Records
- Organization and review of Medical Records
- Have solid knowledge of Court Rules and all discovery deadlines
- Have NH Superior Court and U.S. District Court filing experience
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Adobe, Centerbase, NetDocuments, scanning and maintaining electronic files
- Must have excellent communication skills via email, phone, and with clients, court staff and opposing counsel
- Must be highly organized with an ability to prepare case files for attorneys to use at court hearings
In addition, excellent secretarial skills, the ability to multi-task and work independently and under pressure, communicate clearly, as well as being organized and able to prioritize is required. Attention to detail and proofreading skills are a must have. We look forward to welcoming someone who takes pride in their work, is enthusiastic, flexible and who will thrive in a fast paced environment. Experience is required.
Shaheen & Gordon is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, evaluation, transfer, promotion, discipline, compensation, termination, and layoff.
Shaheen & Gordon presents a pleasant, supportive, challenging, non-smoking work environment. Salary commensurate with experience, with excellent benefits including health insurance, flexible spending account, and 401(k) plan employer match. Please email your cover letter, resume and references to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or agencies please.