The Concord, NH office of Shaheen & Gordon, P.A., is looking for a skilled Legal Assistant to work in the firm’s Probate and Family Law Departments. You will be joining a team of staff and attorneys dedicated to providing high-quality legal representation to family law and probate clients. You will provide administrative assistance to our attorneys which will include frequent client communication and collaboration with other staff members. You will also serve an important role in the litigation process and take responsibility for the finalization of pleadings, preparation of exhibits, and scheduling of trial preparation meetings. This position is best suited for someone who thrives on structure, enjoys interacting with people, and prides themselves on attention to detail.
- Open client files (perform conflict checks, prepare engagement letters, etc.)
- Perform administrative duties (scheduling appointments, calendaring hearings and deadlines, organizing files, finalizing general correspondence and legal documents, etc.)
- Organize discovery materials and prepare exhibit notebooks
- Have experience in complex cases, including trial preparation
- Daily communications with clients, opposing counsel, and the court via phone and email
- 2-5 years’ experience as a legal assistant in a law firm environment
- Applicable knowledge of motions, discovery, scheduling, deadlines, court rules and procedures for the New Hampshire Circuit Courts, ideally in the Probate and Family divisions
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple deadlines and client needs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team-oriented attitude with a passion for the production of high-quality legal work for clients
- Proficiency in standard computer software, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel Experience with NetDocuments and Centerbase is preferable but not required
Shaheen & Gordon is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, evaluation, transfer, promotion, discipline, compensation, termination, and layoff.
Shaheen & Gordon presents a pleasant, supportive, challenging, non-smoking work environment. Salary commensurate with experience, with excellent benefits including health insurance, flexible spending account, and 401(k) plan employer match. Please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls or agencies please.