The Staff Accountant works closely with team members on reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger, performing month-end close procedures, and payroll/benefits processing.
- General ledger analysis and reconciliation
- Balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Bank reconciliations and transfers between the firm’s bank accounts
- Bi-weekly payroll processing, including benefits and 401K payments
- Monthly financial reporting as needed
- Annual insurance census reporting
- Accounting activities for small property entities
- Co-manages insurance plans for the firm and firm employees
- Manage firm fixed assets
- Other accounting functions as assigned
- General knowledge and understanding of payroll and payroll tax processing and reporting requirements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Outstanding oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of accounting practices
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software
Education & Experience
- Accounting degree
- Minimum of 3 years experience in relevant field(s); law firm experience strongly preferred
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Experience with payroll, benefits and trust management
- Experience with Centerbase preferred but not required
About Shaheen & Gordon, P.A.
Shaheen & Gordon is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, evaluation, transfer, promotion, discipline, compensation, termination, and layoff.
Shaheen & Gordon presents a pleasant, supportive, challenging, non-smoking work environment. Salary commensurate with experience, with excellent benefits including a 401K plan.
Founded in 1981, Shaheen & Gordon has a team of more than 40 attorneys, earning statewide, regional, and national accolades for our legal work throughout New England. Our firm’s practice covers a wide range of individual, business, and corporate legal services, including Personal Injury; Criminal & DWI/DUI Defense; Divorce & Family Law; Trusts, Estates, & Guardianships; Business & Corporate Law; Workers’ Compensation; Litigation; Healthcare; Immigration Law; and Mediation & Arbitration.