Portland Truck Accident Lawyers
Tirelessly Advocating for Truck Crash Victims in Maine
Truck accidents often result in severe injury to one or more victims. In the worst cases, an accident victim may suffer a tragic death. When these unfortunate circumstances occur, those injured or bereaved may seek compensation through a personal injury lawsuit.
If you have been harmed as a result of a truck accident, we want to fight for you. At Shaheen & Gordon, P.A., we have what it takes to go up against negligent truckers, trucking companies and even truck parts manufacturers. Not only do you deserve answers for what occurred, you are also entitled to compensation for your losses, or damages. We’re here to get you both.
Why Shaheen & Gordon, P.A.?
Truck accident cases are often complicated by their severity, trucking industry rules and regulations, the number of parties involved and the mechanics of large trucks themselves.
Our Portland truck accident lawyers know how to navigate all facets of these cases to hold at-fault parties accountable for their negligence. We also make it a point to prioritize our clients, ensuring their needs are put front and center. We take a personalized approach to legal representation, which allows us to achieve groundbreaking results time and time again.
Give our Portland truck accident lawyers a call at (207) 222-7261 to arrange your free consultation.
Seeking Compensation Through a Truck Accident Lawsuit
Any truck accident victim can seek compensation through a lawsuit. To win, however, you will need to be able to prove that another party was at fault for the crash.
Depending on the negligence that led to the accident, the following parties may be named as defendants in a truck accident case:
- Trucking company: If the accident was caused by an insufficiently trained employee or outdated/unlawful company policy, then the trucking company will likely be held liable. For example, some trucking companies require their employees to work long hours—this is both illegal and dangerous. It is also common for trucking companies to fail to maintain their trucks.
- Truck driver: If the trucker was negligent outside the scope of their job, then they could be considered responsible for causing an accident. This may mean they purposely worked long hours to make up for lost time, either without their employer’s knowledge or consent.
- Another trucking company employee: This may include a cargo loader, in-house mechanic or even an employee in charge of quality control, all of whom may be held liable for negligence outside the scopes of their jobs. For instance, if a cargo loader purposely overloads a truck, they may be liable as long as a lack of training was not to blame.
- Passenger car driver or another motorist: A trucker is not always responsible for a crash. Sometimes, another motorist is at fault, such as a passenger car driver, passenger truck driver or motorcycle rider.
- Truck parts manufacturer: If a defective truck part led to a crash, the manufacturer may be liable for putting a defective part on the market. Defective tires, engine components and brakes are a few examples.
When you decide to work with Shaheen & Gordon, P.A., our Portland truck accident attorney team will launch a comprehensive investigation into the cause of your crash. Through accident reconstruction and by obtaining witness testimony, consulting other experts and drawing on our own expertise, our seasoned attorneys will work to prove your case.
Maximize Your Compensation
Founded in 1981, Shaheen & Gordon, P.A. has the legal prowess, professional knowledge and practical skills needed to represent you. We are one of the fastest-growing private law firms in Northern New England, with 40 trial lawyers and support staff. We have the capabilities of an award-winning full-service law firm, while also providing our clients with the one-on-one attention and devoted advocacy found at boutique law firms.
No matter how complicated your case may seem, we will work tirelessly to recover full compensation for your damages, such as:
- Hospital bills
- Cost of medication
- Short- or long-term disability accommodations
- Cost of physical or occupational therapy
- Lost wages, past and projected
- Property damage, such as vehicular damage
- Mental and physical pain and suffering
We make our clients our top priority, as we genuinely care about helping you move forward.Why wait to get started? Contact a Portland truck accident attorney online for a no-cost, no-obligation consultation.
Trucking Accident Causing Death Settlement $15 Million
$15 Million settlement in trucking accident causing death
Wrongful Death Auto Accident $6 Million
Settlement in an auto accident that led to wrongful death.
Auto Accident Led to Wrongful Death $2.8 Million
Settlement in an auto accident that led to wrongful death.
Settlement in Wrongful Death Lawsuit $2 Million
D. Michael Noonan represented the parents of Jacob Goulet, a teen who died after being swept away in a storm drain, in a wrongful death case against the city of Nashua.
Pedestrian Run Over by Tractor Trailer Truck $1.7 Million
Pedestrian injured by tractor trailer truck making illegal U-turn received a settlement of $1,700,000.00 as compensation.
Settlement for Second-Floor Fall Victim $1.5 Million
A young man was injured in fall from unsafe second-floor sliding door received a settlement of $1,500,000.00 as compensation.
Car Strikes & Injures Motorcycle Passenger $1.25 Million
Car runs a stop sign and strikes motorcycle on which plaintiff is riding as a passenger causing serious, permanent injuries.
Motorcycle Passenger Struck by Car & Injured $1.25 Million
Woman passenger on a motorcycle injured in a car crash received $1,250,000.00 as compensation.
Motorcyclist Killed in Collision With Automobile $1.25 Million
Family receives $1,250,000.00 in compensation in wrongful death claim.
Settlement of Estate of Worker Killed by Electrocution $1.225 Million
Settlement was pieced together from four defendants, following the electrocution of a lineman for a cable construction company.