Alex’s practice is focused on litigation and trial work of all kinds in the courts of Maine and New Hampshire. Alex has a wide range of experience including representing individuals in complex personal injury matters, representing local businesses in litigation, and the defense of individuals facing criminal charges. There is no case too big, or too small, for Alex to handle. His aggressive, efficient and detailed approach to every case has resulted in successful outcomes for clients of all types.
A Maine native, Alex is a graduate of The University of Vermont, and The University of Maine School of Law.
- Maine, 2011
- U.S. District Court, District of Maine, 2012
- United States Court of Appeals, First Circuit, 2016
- New Hampshire, 2017
- B.A. University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, 2005.
- J.D. University of Maine School of Law, 2011.
- Associate Attorney, Smith & Elliott, P.A. 2011-2014
- Associate Attorney, Shaheen & Gordon, P.A. 2014-2017
- Shareholder/Director, Shaheen & Gordon, P.A. 2017-Present
- Maine Trial Lawyers Association
- York County Bar Association
- Maine State Bar Association
- Maine Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Edward Thaxter Gignoux Inn of Court
$500,000 Settlement for a Man Injured in a Motorcycle v. Automobile Accident
Plaintiff was riding a motorcycle down main street when the driver of an SUV failed to stop for a stop sign and pulled out of a side street into traffic. Plaintiff struck the side of defendant’s vehicle causing serious injuries including traumatic brain injury.
$240,000 Jury Verdict for Victims of Negligence in Maine
A jury unanimously awarded a Maine man who lost his finger as a result of medical negligence $230,000 in compensatory damages and his wife $10,000 for loss of consortium.
$50,000 Arbitration Award for Construction Worker Who Was the Victim of a Hit and Run
Road construction worker who was “flagging” traffic was hit by an automobile who failed to stop in response to his traffic control sign. The insurance company refused to offer more than $17,000 to settle the case prior to suit arguing that the Plaintiff jumped in the way of the moving vehicle. Shaheen & Gordon Attorney Alex Spadinger successfully represented the Plaintiff at an arbitration hearing where the arbitration panel awarded the Plaintiff $50,000; nearly three times the insurance company’s pre-suit offer of settlement.
$125,000 Settlement on Behalf of Victim Who Suffered a Serious Injury When Construction Supplies Fell on His Foot at a Big Box Store
Employee of a big box store dropped a load of lumber from a forklift onto Plaintiff’s foot causing serious injuries. Case settled during litigation for $125,000.