Colleen concentrates her practice in estate planning, trusts and estates administration, business succession planning, charitable planned giving and federal estate and gift tax planning.
Her estate planning practice includes a broad range of clients from the young family to the business owner to the retirees involving everything from the basics to sophisticated wealth transfer strategies. Her depth of experience ensures clients are well prepared and protected for their future.
Colleen’s administration practice includes representation of individual and institutional fiduciaries as well as serving as the fiduciary. She represents estates and trusts before the Internal Revenue Service, the Massachusetts Department of Revenue Administration and the New Hampshire Department of Revenue Administration in estate and gift tax audit proceedings. In addition to her Juris Doctor, Colleen has a Master of Laws degree in Taxation.
Prior to joining Shaheen & Gordon, Colleen was a shareholder, director and founding member of Barradale, O’Connell, Newkirk & Dwyer, P.A. (BOND). She helped establish this firm in 2005 and continues to provide former clients with trusted guidance.
Colleen is a respected member of the New Hampshire legal and estate planning communities. She has received numerous honors and is a Fellow of The American College of Trust and Estate Council.
New Hampshire natives, Colleen and her husband, Ray, reside in Amherst, New Hampshire. Outside of the office, Colleen spends her time volunteering at The Animal Rescue League of NH and antiquing in New England.
- New Hampshire Bar
- Massachusetts Bar
Education and Career
- B.A., University of New Hampshire, 1982
- J.D., Suffolk Law School, 1985
- LL.M, Boston University School of Law, 1995
Professional And Community Involvement
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Nashua Bar Association
- New Hampshire Estate Planning Council
- Former President, 2011 – 2012
- Merrimack Valley Estate Planning Council
Recognition and Honors
- Fellow, The American College of Trust and Estate Council
- Accredited Estate Planner®, The National Association of Estate Planners & Councils
- AV® Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in America® in the field of Trust and Estates
- Recognized in New England Super Lawyers® in Estate Planning