Jeff has spent more than nine years working with clients facing family issues, including divorce, the establishment of parentage, collecting and enforcing child support and alimony, crafting parenting plans, equitably dividing marital property, appointing guardians, modifying or enforcing Family Court Orders, and negotiating or mediating resolutions outside of the courtroom.
Jeff brings a wide-range of experience on complex issues, such as the enforcement or nullification of pre-marital or post-nuptial agreements, the establishment of parenting plans for high conflict cases, business valuations, and the inclusion or exclusion of family trusts from the marital estate. Jeff focuses on listening to a client’s needs, educating clients about the Court system and applicable laws, while achieving cost-effective results.
Prior to joining Shaheen and Gordon, Jeff worked as a law clerk for the Massachusetts Probate and Family Court serving judges, court staff, and litigants. He then entered private practice working for two mid-sized law firms in Boston. In 2014, Jeff and his family moved to New Hampshire, where he practices family law in both Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
- Massachusetts, 2007
- New Hampshire, 2015
- J.D., cum laude, New England School of Law, 2007
- New England Journal on Criminal and Civil Confinement, 2005-2007
- B.A., Bowdoin College, 2003
Professional Honors & Achievements
- Voted a “Rising Star” by Boston Magazine, 2009-2013
- Member, New Hampshire Bar Association
- Litigation Associate, Todd & Weld, LLP, Boston, MA, 2012-2014
- Litigation Associate, Looney & Grossman, LLP, Boston, MA, 2008-2012
- Law Clerk, Massachusetts Probate and Family Court, Bristol and Norfolk County, MA, 2007-2008
- Lawyers Have Heart 5K Road Race, 2011-2013