Laura is a member of the Trusts, Estates & Guardianships practice group at Shaheen & Gordon. She concentrates her personal practice in estate planning as well as trust and estate administration.
Laura works with clients to develop estate plans tailored to their needs, including simple estate plans, sophisticated planning to reduce estate and gift taxes, planning for the needs of a special needs beneficiary, succession planning, and planning for long-term care. Laura is licensed to practice in New Hampshire as well as Massachusetts. She enjoys working with clients who have interests in either or both states to ensure their estates are administered and settled with as little complexity as possible while accomplishing their estate planning objectives.
Laura understands the importance of estate planning documents to protect a client and their loved ones in a wide variety of circumstances. Her thoughtful preparation and attention to detail provides clients with peace of mind.
When necessary, Laura can also guide clients through probate administration, preparing estate and gift tax returns, and going through the required and recommended steps to properly settle an estate or trust.
Laura lives in Exeter, New Hampshire with her husband, daughter, and dog. Outside of the office, Laura enjoys spending quality time with her family, traveling, running, reading, and alpine skiing.
- New Hampshire Bar
- New Hampshire Federal District Court
- Massachusetts Bar
Education and Career
- B.A., University of New Hampshire, 2009
- J.D., Suffolk University Law School, 2012
- Asscoiate, The Law Office of William J. Brisk, 2014-2015
- Associate, Cody, Cody & McCarthy, 2015 - 2016
- Associate, Barradale, O’Connell, Newkirk & Dwyer, 2016 – 2022
- Associate, Shaheen & Gordon, 2022 - present
Professional And Community Involvement
- Nashua Bar Association
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- New Hampshire Estate Planning Council
- Merrimack Valley Estate Planning Council
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Member, Massachusetts Chapter
- Treasurer, New Hampshire Chapter
Recognition and Honors
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2017 – 2022
- Recognized by the Best Lawyers in America in 2022 for Trusts and Estates