Lauren Breda is a member of Shaheen and Gordon’s criminal defense group. A native of New Hampshire, Lauren has over a decade of experience in the court system, both behind the scenes as a law clerk and in trial as a public defender. Lauren represents clients charged with serious misdemeanor and felony crimes including homicide, physical and sexual assaults, thefts, drug offenses, driving while intoxicated, other driving offenses, and juvenile matters.
Lauren takes a client-centered approach to any case. Criminal accusations and potential convictions can be life-changing. The stress associated with going through the court system is immeasurable. At the heart of Lauren’s representation are her client’s goals: whether that means mitigating potential consequences and reaching a fair resolution or fighting the charges through a trial.
Prior to joining Shaheen and Gordon, Lauren worked at the New Hampshire Public Defender as a trial attorney. During her time with the public defender, Lauren represented over a thousand clients facing charges ranging from driving offenses to homicides. She has extensive courtroom and trial experience in several counties in New Hampshire. Lauren also works closely with the University of New Hampshire School of Law, teaching a course in Advanced Trial Advocacy.
Education and Career
- B.A., University of New England, 2008
- J.D., University of New Hampshire School of Law, 2011
- Daniel Webster Scholar
- NH Supreme Court Judicial Law Clerk, Externship
- National Trial Competition
- National Criminal Procedure & Evan A. Evans Constitutional Law Moot Court
- Attorney, Howard and Ruoff, PLLC, 2011
- Judicial Law Clerk, New Hampshire Superior Court, 2011 – 2013
- Adjunct Professor, University of New Hampshire School of Law, 2013 – Present
- Staff Attorney, New Hampshire Public Defender, 2013 – 2022
- Assistant Managing Attorney, New Hampshire Public Defender, 2021 – 2022
- Attorney, Shaheen & Gordon, 2022 – Present