Shaheen & Gordon, P.A. is seeking a full-time Legal Assistant to work in their Concord, NH office in the Business and Litigation Practice Groups.
- Open and maintain client files
- Preparation and filing of business entity documents with the NH Secretary of State and NH Attorney General Charitable Trusts Unit
- Preparation and filing of real estate documents
- Preparation of basic litigation forms
- Performing Registry and UCC lien searches
- Electronic case filing in federal and state court
- Docketing and following-up on court and matter related deadlines
- 2-5 years’ experience as a legal assistant in a law firm environment with exposure to business, civil, and real estate law. Experience in bankruptcy law a plus, but not required
- Applicable knowledge of court rules and procedures for the New Hampshire Courts
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple deadlines and client needs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team-oriented attitude with a passion for the production of high-quality legal work for clients
- Proficiency in standard computer software, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel. Experience with NetDocuments and Centerbase is preferable, but not required
Shaheen & Gordon is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, evaluation, transfer, promotion, discipline, compensation, termination, and layoff.
Shaheen & Gordon presents a pleasant, supportive, challenging, non-smoking work environment. Salary commensurate with experience, with excellent benefits including health insurance, flexible spending account, and 401(k) plan employer match. Please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls or agencies please.