Shaheen & Gordon, P.A., Attorneys at Law, is seeking a full-time Legal Assistant with 2+ years’ experience to work in the firm’s Family Law and Estate Planning/Probate Department in their Nashua, NH office. Must have NH and MA experience. To be successful in this role the candidate must demonstrate the ability to work as a member of a team, in addition to working independently.
- Opening/closing files
- Performing conflict checks, engagement letters
- Accurate filing
- Scheduling appointments/calendaring court dates
- Organizing discovery materials
- Preparing exhibit notebooks
- Preparing general correspondence and formatting legal documents
- Communicating daily with potential new clients, clients and opposing counsel via phone and email
- Must be highly organized with an ability to prepare case files for attorneys to use at court hearings
- Must have excellent typing and computer skills using Microsoft Word/Outlook, Excel, and Adobe
- Ability to adapt to new software programs, specifically NetDocuments and Centerbase
- Must have strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Must have excellent phone skills, interpersonal and organization skills
- Have a professional and friendly attitude
Shaheen & Gordon is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, evaluation, transfer, promotion, discipline, compensation, termination, and layoff.
Shaheen & Gordon presents a pleasant, supportive, challenging, non-smoking work environment. Salary commensurate with experience, with excellent benefits including health insurance, flexible spending account, and 401(k) plan employer match. Please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls or agencies please.