Municipal Law Attorneys in Maine
Maine Lawyers Serving Northern New England
Shaheen & Gordon, P.A. maintains an active municipal law practice focused on the unique needs of clients facing a range of actions involving regulatory, financing, land use, litigation, and other issues. Our wide breadth of experience in municipal law enables our team to represent municipalities, government agencies, businesses, and landowners, and pursue positive resolutions in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible.
As Northern New England’s premier law firm, our legal team has accumulated extensive insight into municipal legal issues faced by local communities, counties, and state agencies across the region, as well as issues and grievances voiced by residents, businesses, and other non-municipal entities. We understand the significance of helping clients navigate this diverse and ever-expanding area of law, the need for competent counsel backed by extensive legal knowledge, and the importance of aligning our strategies to clients’ unique needs and objectives.
Discuss a municipal law issue personally with a member of our legal team by contacting us.
Our Municipal Law Services
With decades of combined experience and a proven record of success handling municipal law cases, Shaheen & Gordon, P.A. is able to provide comprehensive counsel and representation in a range of matters involving city operations and services, administration, and regulation. Common issues we handle, on behalf of cities, public agencies, and residents include:
- Land use, zoning, and planned development
- Public agency employment law and collective bargaining
- Discrimination and grievance actions brought by residents against municipalities
- Regulatory and mandate compliance
- Bylaws and ordinances
- Housing authorities, successor agencies, and joint power authorities
- Tax and finances
- Wetlands protection, historic preservation, or road access
- Charters and internal organizations
- Political elections and redistricting
- Public policy and integrity, including civil rights
With a legal team that provides representation in matters involving employment law, business law, health care, real estate, tax and finance, and political matters, our firm has the resources to tailor counsel and representation in accordance to the unique needs of cities, public authorities, and residents. Our focus on customized legal solutions and client satisfaction has produced success in many municipal law ventures.
Proven Experience, Proven Success
Our record of success in handling municipal legal matters is indicative of our active involvement in this area of law, as well as our far-reaching insight and commitment to the clients we serve. Our experience includes:
- Special counsel for Zoning Board of Appeals in matters involving land use, federal preemption, and Wetlands Overlay Districts.
- Representation of residents, business owners, and landowners over planning and zoning board decisions, wetlands use restrictions, and local ordinances.
- Collective bargaining negotiations with school boards and other public entities.
- Litigation in New Hampshire Supreme Court over the Americans with Disabilities Act on behalf of a small New England town.
- Tax assessment abatement on behalf of clients that were unlawfully and disproportionately overtaxed.
- Facilitation of health care facilities involving municipalities and developers.
Speak with a Maine Municipal Law Attorney
Our focus in any municipal matter is to assist clients in deftly navigating dense legal complexities, government directives, and public relations with the experience and finesse that promotes superior service and desired solutions. If you have a municipal matter you wish to discuss, our legal team is readily available to review your case and explain how we can be of assistance. Shaheen & Gordon, P.A. proudly serves communities throughout Maine, New Hampshire, and Northern New England from multiple office locations.
Contact us to request a consultation.
Eight-Figure Medical Malpractice Case $50 Million
One of our attorneys was selected by a national defense firm to consult with their litigation team on a variety of trial issues in a $50,000,000 medical malpractice case.
Dram Shop Wrongful Death Case Case Won
Defended One of America's Largest Retail Companies Successful Representation
Students Fight for Eligibility to Participate in Athletics Confidential
Wrongful Death Toxic Exposure Case Achieved Resolution
Defended Company Sued in Personal Injury Highway Accient Dismissed
Committed to Your Peace of Mind
A Record of Achievement
Connected to Our Community
Unique Legal Experience
Fearless Legal Advocacy