Andrea Amodeo-Vickery serves of counsel with Shaheen & Gordon.
During her forty years as a trial attorney, Andrea has developed a varied and statewide trial practice.
In addition to representing thousands of plaintiffs and claimants in Personal Injury, Workers’ Compensation, and Employment cases, Andrea also maintains an active Criminal Law practice with a strong concentration in DUI Defense and misdemeanor defense as well as NHDMV matters. Andrea has completed many specialized training programs conducted by the National College for DUI Defense, an elite group of lawyers and DUI Defense specialists recognized by the American Bar Association. As a member of this group, she is dedicated to protecting the constitutional rights of those accused of driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs. In addition to being a Certified Breath Test Operator, Andrea has been certified in Standard Field Sobriety Testing (SFST), which is the battery of tests administered by the police to assess a driver’s level of intoxication. Her Employment law practice has run the gamut from representing doctors who worked at Veteran Administration hospitals throughout the United States, as well as police officers, command officers , and fire fighters and command staff in NH who have been defamed or sexually harassed or discriminated against both under Federal law and NH State law. She has brought cases in both the New Hampshire Commission on Civil Rights as well as the EEOC in Boston. She has successfully negotiated settlements in most of these cases.
The location of her practice makes it possible to represent accident victims from Massachusetts, Connecticut, Vermont, Rhode Island and New York, as well as out-of-state residents who are facing criminal or traffic charges in New Hampshire.
- New Hampshire State Bar and the United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire
Education and Career
- Hobart & William Smith College, B.A., 1972
- University of New Hampshire and Franklin Pierce School of Law, J.D., 1978
- Shareholder, Borofsky, Amodeo-Vickery & Bandazian, P.A., 1978 – 2023
- Of Counsel, Shaheen & Gordon, P.A., 2023 – present
Professional and Community Involvement
- New Hampshire Bar Association, Member
- New Hampshire Association for Justice, Member
- Nashua Bar Association, Member and Past President
- National College for DUI Defense
- New Hampshire Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- New Hampshire Women’s Bar Association, Member
- NH Retirement System Board of Trustees, Vice Chairperson, 1999 – 2004
- NHBA Committee for Cooperation with the Courts, Past Member
- NH Superior Court Rule 170 Certified Mediator
- NHBA Supreme Court Committee on Attorney Discipline
Publications and Presentations
- Presenter in Workers Comp CLE Claimant Perspective
- Presenter in CLE DWI Defense Practices