Teresa (Tess) Farley is a member of the firm’s family law group. She helps clients navigate a wide array of complex and emotional family law matters with compassion and understanding.
Prior to joining Shaheen & Gordon, Tess was a staff attorney at a nonprofit legal organization providing advocacy and services to low-income individuals in Maine. She represented sexual assault and domestic violence survivors in court on matters including protection from abuse, divorce, and parental rights and responsibilities. She also acted as an attorney advisor in Title IX cases for high school and university students.
Tess is an advocate of reproductive rights and was a co-founder of the Reproductive Freedom Fund of NH. She has also worked with Pregnancy Justice (formerly National Advocates for Pregnant Women) and the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of New Hampshire in efforts to help protect the rights of any vulnerable group.
- New Hampshire Bar
- Maine State Bar
Education and Career
- B.A., Colby College, 2017
- J.D., University of New Hampshire School of Law, 2021
- Legal Extern, New Hampshire Legal Assistance – Domestic Violence Project, 2020
- Legal Extern, ACLU of New Hampshire, 2021
- Staff Attorney, Pine Tree Legal Assistance, 2021 – 2023
- Associate Attorney, Shaheen & Gordon, 2023 – present
Professional and Community Involvement
- Reproductive Freedom Fund of NH, Co-Founder