New Hampshire Personal Injury Attorneys
Helping Clients Across the Country Pursue the Justice They Deserve
The pain you experience from an accident isn’t just physical. Sometimes, an accident can cause you to endure mental or emotional anguish and saddle you with new financial obligations, from medical bills to property repairs.
Our attorneys at Shaheen & Gordon, P.A. understand that when someone harms you, it can hurt in more than just one way. If you have good reason to believe that you or someone you love has been injured as a result of another party’s negligence or wrongful act, our personal injury attorneys in New Hampshire can help.
We have experience obtaining settlements for less serious injuries, such as neck strains and back injuries. Thanks to a vast array of legal and professional resources at our disposal, our advocacy has also been successful in more complicated and emotionally challenging cases involving paralysis, traumatic brain injuries and wrongful death.
If you or someone you care about was hurt because of negligence, we are here to help. We offer free consultations. There is no fee unless we win your case. Call (888) 801-9916 today!
What Is Personal Injury Law?
Personal injury law encompasses all legal claims filed by plaintiffs who have been injured due to the negligence of another person, small business, company or large corporation.
Several types of personal injury claims that Shaheen & Gordon, P.A. can represent you in include:
- Auto accidents: Motor vehicle collisions have become a daily occurrence on the roads and highways of the United States. Victims who suffer injuries in accidents caused by other drivers may be able to recover compensation through personal injury claims.
- Birth injuries: Any preventable injury sustained during or shortly after birth is grounds for a personal injury claim if it was caused by the negligence or carelessness of a physician, nurse or other health care provider.
- Catastrophic injuries: Injuries that necessitate serious medical procedures or treatment and are expected to last a lifetime are considered catastrophic. Aside from severe physical damage, these injuries also have the potential to create extensive financial and emotional burdens.
- Construction accidents: Construction sites are held to strict regulations regarding the health and safety of workers. When sites or managers fail to promote safe working environments free of preventable harm, injured construction workers or injured bystanders can take legal action.
- Motorcycle accidents: With some of the highest injury and fatality rates out of all types of road collisions, motorcycle crashes nearly always necessitate the monetary compensation recovered through successful personal injury claims. Unfortunately, insurance companies often do everything in their power to pay motorcyclists as little as possible.
- Nursing home injuries: Nursing homes and other assisted living facilities have a legal duty to provide an acceptable level of care to residents and patients. When they fail to do so through neglect or abuse, victims can suffer serious physical injuries, emotional suffering or even death. Because this legal duty exists, victims and families have the right to take legal action to hold nursing homes and care providers accountable.
- Premises liability: Every property owner is required by law to ensure that their facility, business or property is safe for lawful guests and visitors. When someone is injured because of a property owner’s failure to meet these standards, they can pursue a personal injury claim against the owner. Slips, trips and falls are one of the most common types of personal injury claims in this category.
- Trucking accidents: Massive freight-bearing vehicles — such as 18-wheelers, semitrucks and tractor-trailers — share the road with pedestrians, motorcyclists and passenger vehicles. Due to their size, accidents involving these trucks commonly cause severe injuries that result in medical and personal complications for the injured individual.
What to Do After Being Injured by Negligence
If you were injured at work, make sure to tell your supervisor immediately — do not wait, no matter how minor your injury seems. Then, fill out a First Report of Injury. Employers should have this form on hand. Next, request the names and phone numbers of anyone who witnessed the accident that led to your injury. No one needs to be at fault for you to receive workers' compensation; you only need to show that you hurt yourself while working.
In the event of a traffic collision, the first thing to do is to make sure that you are okay and to take stock of any injuries. Then, check on the other parties involved to see if they are injured, and if needed, contact emergency medical services (EMS). No matter what, make sure to call your local police department to file an accident report. As you wait for help to arrive, swap insurance and contact information with the other parties. If there are any witnesses, it is important to get their information as well.
If you were injured at a business — such as a retail store, restaurant or the like — tell the manager or employees immediately. Again, contact EMS (if needed) and make sure to get the information of any witnesses.
For all these accidents, it is vital that you consult a medical professional as soon as possible. Seemingly minor injuries could be more serious than they appear and, if left without treatment, could worsen. Moreover, if the injury does end up being one you need to file a claim over, the defense will use any gap between the accident and when you sought medical help against you.
When Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
You could represent yourself in your personal injury claim, but working with a legal professional provides you with the best chance of recovering compensation. The defense is very unlikely to agree to pay whatever amount you ask; in fact, they often try to get away without paying anything at all. Therefore, you should not wait to contact a personal injury attorney. They will help you build your claim, speak to the other party’s insurance agents and, if necessary, take your case to trial.
Collaborate with a Skilled Personal Injury Litigation Team
Working with the New Hampshire personal injury lawyers at Shaheen & Gordon, P.A. means working with a team that looks out for you. You can rest assured that no stone will be left unturned in your case, thanks to our skilled and highly experienced lawyers, paralegals and legal secretaries who will all come together to leverage our firm’s resources for your case.
Call Shaheen & Gordon, P.A. today at (888) 801-9916 for a free consultation.
Wrongful Death Auto Accident $6 Million
Settlement in an auto accident that led to wrongful death.
Auto Accident Led to Wrongful Death $2.8 Million
Settlement in an auto accident that led to wrongful death.
Settlement in Wrongful Death Lawsuit $2 Million
D. Michael Noonan represented the parents of Jacob Goulet, a teen who died after being swept away in a storm drain, in a wrongful death case against the city of Nashua.
Pedestrian Run Over by Tractor Trailer Truck $1.7 Million
Pedestrian injured by tractor trailer truck making illegal U-turn received a settlement of $1,700,000.00 as compensation.
Settlement for Second-Floor Fall Victim $1.5 Million
A young man was injured in fall from unsafe second-floor sliding door received a settlement of $1,500,000.00 as compensation.
Motorcycle Passenger Struck by Car & Injured $1.25 Million
Woman passenger on a motorcycle injured in a car crash received $1,250,000.00 as compensation.
Motorcyclist Killed in Collision With Automobile $1.25 Million
Family receives $1,250,000.00 in compensation in wrongful death claim.
Settlement of Estate of Worker Killed by Electrocution $1.225 Million
Settlement was pieced together from four defendants, following the electrocution of a lineman for a cable construction company.
Recovered for Woman Exposed to Dangerous Drug $1.05 Million
A woman was harmed by the use of a dangerous drug received a settlement of $1,050,000.00 as compensation.
Arbitration Award for Woman Injured in Motor Vehicle Accident $1 Million
Attorney D. Michael Noonan successfully arbitrated this case for a woman seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident including serious leg injury and a mild traumatic brain injury.
Committed to Your Peace of Mind
A Record of Achievement
Connected to Our Community
Unique Legal Experience
Fearless Legal Advocacy