Jim is a member of the firm’s litigation team and practices in both state and federal court. Jim brings a unique blend of trial and appellate experience to his practice.
Jim graduated from Villanova University School of Law in 2016. During law school, Jim worked in-house for Knoll, Inc., a publicly traded furniture manufacturing and design company. He also served as a student-counselor in Villanova Law’s Law and Entrepreneurship Clinic, where he advised individual and small business clients on a variety of legal issues. Jim was also an executive member of the Villanova Law Moot Court Board, earning the board’s Distinguished Service award in 2016.
Immediately prior to joining Shaheen Gordon, Jim clerked for the Honorable Thomas I. Vanaskie of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. Jim also clerked for the Honorable James A. Gibbons of the Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas for Lackawanna County.
Outside of the courtroom, Jim can usually be found near the ocean. Passionate about ocean conservation, Jim is a supporting member of the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution and volunteers for the Atlantic White Shark Conservancy during the summer.
- New Hampshire State Bar
- United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire
- Pennsylvania State Bar
Education & Career
- B.A., Trinity College, 2012, Honors and Phi Beta Kappa
- J.D., Villanova University School of Law, 2016, cum laude
- Law Clerk, Judge James A. Gibbons, Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas for Lackawanna County, 2016-2018
- Law Clerk, Judge Thomas I. Vanaskie, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 2018-2019
- Associate Attorney, Shaheen & Gordon, 2019 - Present
Professional & Community Involvement
- Lackawanna County Bar Association - Executive Board Member of the Young Lawyer's Division
- The New Hampshire Bar Association
- The Federal Practice Group of the New Hampshire Bar Association - Clerk
- Vice Chair of the Federal Practice Section of the NH Bar
Recognition & Honors
- 2016 Distinguished Service Award, Villanova Law Moot Court Board