New Hampshire Employment Law Attorneys
Offering Legal Services for Employees & Employers in Northern New England
The lawyers at Shaheen & Gordon, P.A. represent both employees and employers in workplace disputes including claims of discrimination, harassment, unpaid wages, overtime disputes, medical leave issues, retaliation, whistleblower, and unfair competition.
We believe in working toward delivering effective legal solutions to our clients whether they intend to file or defend against a workplace claim. When you work with our employment law attorneys in New Hampshire, you will work with an advocate who will be there beside you every step of the way.
Our caseload typically includes matters in the following areas:
- Discrimination, including race, national origin, age, gender, and sexual orientation
- Workplace harassment, such as sexual harassment or workplace bullying
- Wrongful termination, if an employer violated public policy by terminating an employee
- Wage and overtime claims, such as disputes regarding unpaid overtime wages, minimum wage violations, and back pay issues.
- Partnership disputes, including issues such as claims of fiduciary duty breaches, partner removals, misappropriation of funds, and other complex issues between business partners.
- Trade secrets and unfair competition, such as accusations of violating confidentiality agreements or concerns involving noncompete agreements if an employee has left to a competitor.
- Business and commercial litigation, including disputes arising from business transactions, contracts, and other issues that require litigation.
If you’re a business owner or employee looking for experienced attorneys to help you a workplace-related legal challenge, turn to your local advocates at Shaheen & Gordon, P.A. for assistance. Contact us online or call (603) 635-4099 to speak with a New Hampshire employment law attorney today.
Delivering Legal Solutions for Employers
As an employer, your focus is on managing your business’ day-to-day operations while working toward your goals and keeping a lookout for opportunities on the horizon. Having to decipher and navigate the nuances of the complicated and constantly changing legal framework affecting your business can be time-consuming and risk.
At Shaheen & Gordon, P.A., our attorneys can help your company update personnel policies or provide meaningful legal guidance and answers if you’re facing a Fair Labor Standards Act claim or governmental audit.
Shaheen & Gordon, P.A. provides advice and representation to businesses in the following areas:
- Conduct seminars and workshops for supervisors and human resources personnel in areas such as basics of employment, lawful hiring, workplace violence, sexual and unlawful harassment, and diversity issues
- Protecting your company's trade secrets and against unfair competition
- Handling internal investigations of harassment complaints or other employee misconduct, and providing an objective evaluation of the employment issue in the workplace, including recommendations for corrective action or termination
- Defending workplace harassment and discrimination cases, and tort and contract claims such as wrongful discharge (including breach of employee handbook provisions), breach of fiduciary duty, promissory estoppel, breach of covenants not to compete, and breach of golden parachute plans
- Assisting with terminations to minimize the risks of employment-related litigation and helping employers properly prepare for and respond to government audits and investigations, providing representation throughout the process
Assistance for Employees with Workplace Complaints
The New Hampshire employment law attorneys of Shaheen & Gordon, P.A. can also help employees develop a personalized case if they believe they’ve experienced a wrongful act or treatment at work.
We help employees work through claims related to the following complaints and more:
- Fair Labor Standards Act: You have the right to fair and equal employment. If you feel that your rights are being violated, you need to speak with an employment lawyer in New Hampshire.
- Discrimination: Are you being discriminated against? You are protected from all forms of discrimination, including race, national origin, age, gender, and sexual orientation
- Workplace Harassment: If you are being harassed, it is vitally important that you protect your rights. Contact an attorney from Shaheen & Gordon, P.A. immediately.
- Wrongful Termination: Were you wrongfully terminated? You have rights and a lawyer from our team can help you protect them.
If you have a legal concern at your place of work or are seeking help to protect your business, call Shaheen & Gordon, P.A. at (603) 635-4099 to find out how we can help you.
“I would like to thank the Law Firm of Shaheen and Gordon, specifically Attorney O’Connor and Paralegal Chilton.”- Rob E.
“I wish you had been on my side in 1996, my life would have turned out significantly different.”- Theodore W.
“She was professional, thoughtful, and kept in constant contact throughout the litigation process.”- Tom R.
Jeffrey Gahm v. Bailey Distributors v. Ocean State Oil $10 Thousand
Successfully defended closely held company against a request for a preliminary injunction brought by a competitor, arising out of an employee non-compete agreement.
Non-Compete Agreement Violation Case Case Won
Negligence Suit Against Employer Settlement Reached
Employer Sued in Workplace Accident Suit Case Dismissed
Complying with State and Federal Employment Laws Successful Representation
Committed to Your Peace of Mind
A Record of Achievement
Connected to Our Community
Unique Legal Experience
Fearless Legal Advocacy