Call Us Today
Full-Service Legal Advocacy….It’s Different Here.
Support & Custody Modifications

New Hampshire Child Support & Custody Modification Attorney

Legal Guidance for Your Modification Issues

At the conclusion of a divorce the court will issue a final divorce decree. This decree will include all matter, such as child custody and support, alimony and property distribution. This decree is an official plan that must be followed by both parties, but it can be modified. At Shaheen & Gordon, P.A., we understand that life situations occur that can force a change in a support and custody order. There are many distinct laws that pertain to the modification of child support, alimony or child custody. A lawyer from our firm can help you petition the court to modify the parenting plan or residential schedule.

Our New Hampshire child support and custody modification attorneys can help you. Contact us at your earliest convenience.

A support or custodial modification consists of the court changing the requirements and provisions that are currently set in place. A modification can be of a minimal nature and involve a minor change, such as changing specific hours when the parent without physical custody can visit the child. These changes can also be major, such as transferring physical custody from one parent to the other. The most important part of a modification that should be remembered is that the request will only be accepted if it is in the best interest of the child. One of our attorneys can help you understand the specific laws that may apply to your case.

In many situations, one parent experiences an unfortunate change in their job and a modification of child support or alimony is then required. A child support order can be changed after three years has passed since the most recent parenting plan. Otherwise, the parent wishing for a modification must prove that he or she has experienced a large change in circumstances.

Our Clients Come First. Always.

Hear from Clients Like You
  • “Made it extremely easy”

    - Brianna G.
  • “As a lawyer myself, I was very impressed”

    - Partner at D.C. Law Firm
  • “You cared”

    - Ramona B.

Real Results for Real People

When You Need to Win, We Won’t Stop Fighting
  • Appeal to the N.H. Supreme Court of an Interstate Child Support Case Successful Appeal
  • Domestic Violence Case Charges Dropped and Case Dismissed
  • False Accusations of Child Neglect in Child Custody Case Client Awarded Custody
  • Successfully Represented Father in Relocation Case Custody Won
  • False Accusations of Child Molestation Against Parent Dismissed
  • Divorce & Family Law Represented Father in Child Custody and Relocation Case
  • International Relocation - Family Law Case Case Won
  • Divorce & Family Law Termination of Parental Rights

    Represented a grandparent seeking to terminate the parental rights of a parent who had abused and abandoned their child.

It's Different Here

Our Unique Approach to Serving Clients
  • Committed to Your Peace of Mind
  • A Record of Achievement
  • Connected to Our Community
  • Unique Legal Experience
  • Fearless Legal Advocacy
  • Client-Centered Approach