A native of Laconia, Tim is a civil litigation attorney with a wide range of trial and appellate experience in the federal and state court systems as well as in arbitration and regulatory agencies. Tim also has significant experience in cases involving potential criminal issues and frequently works with Shaheen & Gordon’s Criminal Defense group to resolve them. Prior to returning to his New Hampshire roots, Tim was an attorney in the Boston offices of Holland & Knight and Dewey & LeBoeuf. The relationships he formed during that time have contributed to Tim being sought out as an advisor to clients and out-of-state attorneys on local issues.
Tim earned his B.A. in Russian language from The College of the Holy Cross in 2000. From 2000 to 2006, Tim served in the United States Marine Corps, including in Iraq as an M1A1 Tank Platoon Commander and at The Basic School in Quantico, Virginia as a warfighting instructor and staff platoon commander. Tim later worked in Sarajevo as a prosecution intern at the Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina in its war crimes section. He graduated from Boston College Law School in 2009.
Tim is active in his community and serves as a board member for the Concord Coalition to End Homelessness. He is also a former president of Veterans Legal Services, which is a charitable organization that provides free legal services to homeless and low-income veterans. In 2013, the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce recognized Tim as one of its Ten Outstanding Young Leaders, and Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly recognized him for Excellence in Pro Bono. And if you ask him, he will proudly tell you that in 1995, he was the captain of Laconia High School’s championship Granite State Challenge Team.
- New Hampshire State Bar
- Massachusetts State Bar
- United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
Education & Career
- Saint Paul's School, Advanced Summer Program (1995)
- Laconia High School (1996)
- The College of the Holy Cross (2000)
- Boston College Law School (2009)
- Attorney, Dewey & LeBoeuf (2009-2012)
- Attorney, Holland & Knight (2012-2015)
- Shareholder/Director, Shaheen & Gordon (2015-Present)
Professional & Community Involvement
- Concord Coalition to End Homelessness – Board Member & Former Treasurer (2018-Present)
- Veterans Legal Services – Former Board Member & Former President (2011-2017)
- Daniel Webster-Batchelder, American Inns of Court – Member (2019-Present)
Recognition & Awards
- Ten Outstanding Youth Leaders, Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce (2013)
- Heroes Among Us, Boston Celtics (2013)
- Excellence in Pro Bono, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly (2014)
- Super Lawyers Rising Star (2017-2019)
Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Each case is different and case results referred to in this website are not intended to be, nor should they be understood as, a representation that equivalent results will be achieved in any given case.
- In 2011, Tim was second chair in a thirty-day arbitration in Ottawa, Ontario concerning the construction of a foreign embassy.
- In 2013, Tim was part of a litigation team that successfully defended a Telephone Consumer Protection Act putative class action in the Central District of Florida and Eleventh Circuit.
- In 2014, Tim and co-counsel prevailed in a bench trial concerning a probate dispute in Rockingham County, New Hampshire.
- In 2015, Tim tried a landlord tenant dispute to a Hillsborough County jury.
- In 2016, Tim was part of a litigation team that prevailed on summary judgment in Merrimack County Superior Court and on appeal to the New Hampshire Supreme Court concerning a complex commercial and regulatory dispute.
- In 2016, Tim prevailed in a land use and easement dispute in a case tried to a Hillsborough County judge.
- In 2017, Tim and Steve Gordon tried a defamation case to a Merrimack County jury, which returned a $274,500,000 damages award for their clients.
- In 2018, Tim served as local counsel in a complex commercial dispute that was tried to both a Cheshire County jury and judge.
- In 2022, Tim and Ben Siracusa-Hillman successfully defended a probate dispute during a five-day bench trial in New Hampshire Federal Court.
- In 2022, Tim and Olivia Bensinger prevailed in an eight-day arbitration hearing before a three-arbitrator panel under the American Arbitration Association's Commercial Arbitration Rules for Large, Complex Cases.