Shaheen & Gordon, P.A., Attorneys at Law, is seeking a full-time experienced Accounting Specialist to add to their team in the Dover, NH office. The Accounting Specialist performs accounts payable functions, working closely with the Sr. Accountant and Accounting Manager, as well as working closely with the Billing Specialist on accounts receivable functions along with a variety of general accounting support tasks in an accounting department. To be successful in this role the candidate must demonstrate the ability to multi-task, in a fast paced environment and work as a member of a team, in addition to working independently.
- Verifying the accuracy of vendor invoices, check requests, petty cash receipts and other accounting documents or records
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable) into computer system using defined computer programs on a daily basis
- Compile data and prepare a variety of reports as needed
- Reconciles records with internal company employees and management, or external vendors or clients
- Assist billing with monthly invoicing, collection calls and monitoring AR along with reports as needed
- Other accounting functions/projects as assigned
- Associates Degree with 3 years’ experience, or 5 years relevant experience
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Organizational, verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Knowledge of Centerbase experience would be helpful, but not necessary to fill the position
- High attention to detail and ability to multi-task is a must
Prior experience in a law firm is highly desirable; however, we are willing to train a candidate with the experience and qualifications needed for this position.
Shaheen & Gordon is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, evaluation, transfer, promotion, discipline, compensation, termination, and layoff.
Shaheen & Gordon presents a pleasant, supportive, challenging, work environment. Salary commensurate with experience, with excellent benefits including health insurance, flexible spending account, and 401(k) plan employer match. Please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls or agencies please.