Defective Guardrail Lawsuits
New England Trial Lawyers Serving Victims Nationwide
Over the past several years, guardrails manufactured by Lindsay Transportation Systems & Trinity Industries – including the ET-Plus Guardrail and X-LITE Guardrail – have been found to contain defects that can cause guardrails to malfunction in auto accidents, posing substantial safety risks to vehicle occupants. A federal whistleblower lawsuit against Trinity Industries recently revealed that the company changed the design of its guardrails without approval from the federal government, and that it sold defective guardrails which have been associated with multiple injuries and deaths.
At Shaheen & Gordon, P.A., our award-winning legal team has extensive experience representing victims harmed by defective guardrails and other unsafe products. If you or someone you love has been injured in an auto accident involving a potentially defective guardrail anywhere in New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, or any state throughout the country, our firm is readily available to review your case, discuss your rights, and explain how we can assist you in pursuing a defective guardrail lawsuit, and the justice and compensation you deserve.
Discuss a potential guardrail accident lawsuit involving ET-Plus, X-LITE, or other potentially defective guardrails personally with an attorney. Contact us for a FREE consultation.
Defective Guardrails & Increased Risks of Injury and Death
Following a lengthy investigation, federal regulators have found that Trinity Industries sold guardrails which contained defects that substantially increased the risks of injury and death for motorists who are involved in collisions where they strike a guardrail. Below are a few details about the defects and Trinity Industries.
- According to the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), the ET-Plus guardrail and X-LITE guardrail end terminals contain defects that prevent the guardrails from functioning as intended. Rather than buckling upon impact and redistributing the force of a collision to send vehicles back onto the road, these defective guardrails can remain rigid and penetrate vehicles, posing substantial risks of injuries and deaths to occupants.
- ET-Plus and X-Lite guardrails have been linked with several injuries and deaths throughout the U.S., including those resulting from accidents in Virginia, Tennessee, Missouri, and other states. Other potentially defective guardrails have also been connected to collisions, injuries, and fatalities in which vehicles were impaled by a guardrail.
- While advocates are working to support efforts to remove faulty guardrails from U.S. highways and replace them with safer systems, there are still many defective guardrails on the road.
Trinity Industries has faced substantial criticism over its defective guardrails, as well as a $663 million penalty for defrauding the U.S. government by changing the design of its guardrail systems without federal approval, and for selling defective guardrails linked to numerous injuries and deaths. In addition, the manufacturer is also facing a number of lawsuits filed by victims and families who have suffered harm and losses due to the company’s defective products.
How Shaheen & Gordon, P.A. Can Help
Shaheen & Gordon, P.A. is a nationally recognized law firm that has become known for our work fighting for victims and families harmed by the negligent and wrongful acts of others. Over the years, our award-winning trial attorneys have helped clients protect their rights in a range of personal injury, wrongful death, and product liability cases, and recover millions of dollars on their behalves. We are now prepared to assist victims nationwide in initiating defective guardrail lawsuits against responsible manufacturers. Here are a few ways our firm is committed to helping victims and families:
- Our legal team is actively reviewing potential cases from victims and families throughout New England and the nation involving auto accidents where victims were injured or killed by defective or unsafe guardrail systems – including Trinity Industries’ ET-Plus and X-LITE guardrails.
- As proven trial attorneys who have handled and litigated cases throughout the country, we are prepared to leverage our experience in personal injury law to help clients explore their rights and options for pursuing product liability claims involving preventable personal injury or wrongful death.
- Our attorneys are intent on helping client secure the justice and compensation they deserve, and to holding product manufacturers like Trinity Industries accountable for their failures to ensure of the safety of their products.
Product manufacturers have a legal obligation to ensure the safety of their products, and they can be held accountable for failures that lead to dangerous defects, including failures made during the design or manufacturing phases. Given the recent judgment against Trinity and the links between their guardrails and serious and fatal collisions throughout the country, victims have the right to pursue a case against such manufacturers as a means to recover their damages – including medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and the loss of a loved one.
Call to Discuss Your Case During a FREE Consultation
If you have questions about a potential defective guardrail lawsuit in New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, or any other state in the U.S., Shaheen & Gordon, P.A. is available to help. Our firm is currently handling significant cases against Trinity and is available to discuss your rights and options involving potentially defective guardrails manufactured by any company.
To request a FREE and confidential consultation, contact our firm today.
Wrongful Death Auto Accident $6 Million
Settlement in an auto accident that led to wrongful death.
Auto Accident Led to Wrongful Death $2.8 Million
Settlement in an auto accident that led to wrongful death.
Settlement in Wrongful Death Lawsuit $2 Million
D. Michael Noonan represented the parents of Jacob Goulet, a teen who died after being swept away in a storm drain, in a wrongful death case against the city of Nashua.
Pedestrian Run Over by Tractor Trailer Truck $1.7 Million
Pedestrian injured by tractor trailer truck making illegal U-turn received a settlement of $1,700,000.00 as compensation.
Settlement for Second-Floor Fall Victim $1.5 Million
A young man was injured in fall from unsafe second-floor sliding door received a settlement of $1,500,000.00 as compensation.
Car Strikes & Injures Motorcycle Passenger $1.25 Million
Car runs a stop sign and strikes motorcycle on which plaintiff is riding as a passenger causing serious, permanent injuries.
Motorcycle Passenger Struck by Car & Injured $1.25 Million
Woman passenger on a motorcycle injured in a car crash received $1,250,000.00 as compensation.
Motorcyclist Killed in Collision With Automobile $1.25 Million
Family receives $1,250,000.00 in compensation in wrongful death claim.
Settlement of Estate of Worker Killed by Electrocution $1.225 Million
Settlement was pieced together from four defendants, following the electrocution of a lineman for a cable construction company.
Recovered for Woman Exposed to Dangerous Drug $1.05 Million
A woman was harmed by the use of a dangerous drug received a settlement of $1,050,000.00 as compensation.
Committed to Your Peace of Mind
A Record of Achievement
Connected to Our Community
Unique Legal Experience
Fearless Legal Advocacy